lundi 30 juillet 2007

C++ CODING STANDARDS. 101 RULES, GUIDELINES, AND BEST PRACTICES, Herb Sutter, Andrei Alexandrescu

This book is full of great advice - even if you don't code in C++! I read it in parallel of a one-week training session in advanced C++. The training sessions contents and the books chapters matched quite precisely. It enabled me to put a name on a coding "pattern" I was unsing on my project: the Non Virtual Interface (NVI). Coupled with a design-by-contract practice (refer to Bertrand Meyer) implemented in code through assertions, this pattern can really improve your code.
What I put into practice:
+ NVI pattern.
+ Pimpl idiom.
+ RAII idiom.
I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK, EVEN IF YOU DON'T PROGRAM IN C++.

1 commentaire:

  1. Salut Manu,

    Félicitations pour ton blog. Je viens de lire "Scrum, le guide de la méthodo" par Claude Aubry et j'ai été surpris le voir ton blog en annexe.
    Pour ta biblio, entre "Refactoring" et "Design Patterns", je te conseille "Refactoring to Patterns" qui illustre bien le lien entre les 2.
    Bonne continuation
    Olivier- Isep 95

    RépondreSupprimer